Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Potato sagu

I am posting a simple recipe made using potatoes.This is my mother's recipe and I have enjoyed it a lot during my childhood days.It goes well with Roti/chapathi.Try this simple gravy and am sure you will like it too.


Potato sagu

Ingredients:

Potato
2
Onion
1
Tomato
1
Sambar powder
1 tsp
Salt
As needed
Mustard seeds
½ tsp
Cumin seeds
½ tsp
Oil
2 tsp
Coriander leaves
To garnish


Method:
Potato sagu
  • Boil the potatoes and cut them into pieces.Chop the tomatoes.
  • Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds,cumin seeds.Once they crackle add onions and fry them.
  • Add the tomatoes and fry till they turn mushy. 
  • Add sambar powder,salt and water(1 1/2 to 2 cups) and let it cook in low flame for 10 mins.
  • Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.

Note:
  • I have used sambar powder in this recipe which brings out a nice flavour. you can add Red chilli powder instead of sambar powder if you prefer. 
  • Don't over cook the potatoes as we are cooking it in the gravy too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog.Please feel free to comment on how you liked my post.Your feedback is valuable to me.